Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall 2012 Updates!

A lot has transpired since my last post.  For starters the Soul Dope album did NOT drop on Sept. 28th.  It was pushed back which turned out to be a good thing.   On October 17th, I took party in the Grand N Hand competition and won the R&B category.  My prize was a distribution deal with Interscope. Woo hoo! LOL.  I'm VERY exciting to enter what I like refer to as "Phase 2" of my musical journey. 

A lot of people have asked me question about what this deal means for my career.  So I will do my best to explain.  First off, I am NOT signed with Interscope or any other label.  I will remain and Indie artist.  This deal means that my music will be digitally released and available to anybody in the world.  The marketing portion of the deal will aim to push "Qamil" as a brand through through, radio, magazine, online outlets, shows etc. 

In a nutshell, the hardwork is just beginning. The music will be a click away which is about 40% of the battle.  The rest is doing the legwork to make people aware that I exist.  


THE ALBUM 

The new release date for the album is being decided BUT in the meantime we are going to launch a new single "Kryptonite".  It's sexy.  It's seductive and it won me the competition:)  This will be my first song released under Interscope DD.  It is getting awesome feed back and I am sooooo ready to shoot the video.  I have something HOT in mind;)




I would like to thank EVERYONE that took the time to vote for me on the WUGR.BIZ site so I could get a spot in the showcase.  I have amazing supporters and that is what makes the difference for any artists. The PEOPLE.   Big thank you to WUGR for hosting the competition.  Thank you to Lyfe Entertainment Muzik Inc. and to all the judges of the Grand N Hand competition for picking me.

As always I'm ready to work so LET'S GET IT! 


~Qamil

No comments:

Post a Comment