Thursday, August 9, 2012

DREAMCATCHER!

"Tell me I can't have it and I'll TAKE IT.  Tell me I can't do it RECORD BREAKING."

I'm sitting here typing and smiling as I flashback to the video shoot for this song.  It was my first video and I was nervous as HELL but totally calm on the outside.  It was HOT and the shoot took almost 7 hours but we got some truly amazing footage so it was worth every minute in that 90 degree weather. The video was shot and directed by Kimistry of Shotsbyheardinc and it will be premiered at the SOUL DOPE album listening party on Thursday, Sept. 13th between 6:30-9pm @ Lounge 62. 

This video is conceptually inspiring as it tells the story of people who overcome obstacles and channel their inner dreamcatcher to make their goals become accomplishments.  I hope to inspire and motivate people through this song.  It has done that for me and listening to it makes me feel GOOD and ready to take on the world.

There were so many people involved in the shoot that I MUST thank:   Lee "s7" Martin, Nicole Weathers, Carla Jackson, David Wright, Robert Berry, Aminah Wright, Caiden Martin, Diggy Dulche, Kei Mari, Young Wise, Ev Jones, Brandee Baboski, Lucianda Scott, Jeremy Rogers,  Jermar Reese, Larry & Diana Jackson and little baby boy Jackson (LOL), chess champion Diamond, whoever delivered the Gatorade (I LOVE YOU) & ShotsbyHeardInc.  I apologize if I forgot anybody!  Just comment and tell me I suck and I will edit this. LOL

I wish we would have taken some footage of some of the funny behind the scenes moments liiiiiike me being strapped in a torture device all in the name of beauty and my hairstylist Lucianda Scott cussing the ice cream man CLEAN OUT. LOLOL.  See what had happened was....she bought some icecream for the kids but the ice cream man didn't have change for her $20. Sooooooooo  after collecting money from people on set who had cash, the kids were $1 short.  The icecream man had the NERVE to tell her to have the kids bring their half eaten icecream back!  Let's just say things got interesting. LOL

You really have to be a SUPER JERK to ask kids to return their icecream.  I mean....Come ON SON!

Anyhoo,  all was well and the big bad ice cream man left unharmed:D

Here are a few behind the scenes pics from the shoot!


Mentally checking out from the heat between takes.

Wardrobe change!


w/Diggy Dulche & Kei Mari of Empire Ent.

Larry, Diana and baby Jackson <3


Ev Jones is BOUT THAT LIFE (LOL)

Touch up time!  Nicole doing her thing.

The youngest cast members, my daughter Aminah and Caeden posing after their big scene:)


w/11 year old 7 time national chess champ Diamond and her father



Behind the scenes w/ rapper Young Wise


Robert Berry & Ev Jones chatting in up

aaaannd it's a wrap!  w/Kimistry


More behind the scenes pics to come! #STAYTUNED





No comments:

Post a Comment